Deputy Scientific Director
+49 711 3585 2164
dreyer [at] dialogik-expert.de
Completed projects (selection)
- ENavi: System Integration and Networks for the Energy Supply (Energy Transition Navigation System) - Kopernikus research project for the energy transition in Germany
- PROSO: Promoting Societal Engagement in Research and Innovation (EU-project coordinated by Marion Dreyer)
- ESYS: Energy Systems of the Future
- SAUBER+: Innovative Concepts and Technologies for the Separate Treatment of Wastewater from Healthcare
- RISKGOV: Environmental Risk Governance of the Baltic Sea
- JAKFISH: Judgement and Knowledge in Fisheries Involving Stakeholders
- SAFE FOODS: Promoting Food Safety through a New Integrated Risk Analysis Approach for Foods
- MYCONET: European Network of Information Sources for an Identification System of Emerging Mycotoxins in Wheat Based Supply Chains
- Social scientific research: opportunities and challenges of engagement of stakeholders and the wider public in new science and technology developments and in tackling grand societal challenges
- Main cross-cutting issues are: questions of risk, uncertainty, precaution, resilience and in particular risk governance
- Empirical fields: e.g., energy transition and transition of the transport sector; water protection; protection of natural resources (fisheries); food safety
- Management activities
Professional experience and qualifications
- Since March 2009 DIALOGIK shareholder and authorized signatory at DIALOGIK, since 2007 deputy scientific director of DIALOGIK, since 2004 with DIALOGIK
- 2003 research associate at the Institute of Social Sciences, Dept. of Environmental and Technology Sociology, at Universitaet Stuttgart, Germany
- 2001–2003 research associate at the Centre of Technology Assessment in Baden-Wuerttemberg, Dept. of Technology, Society, Environmental Economics, Stuttgart, Germany
- 1997–2001 research associate at the Institute of Sociology at Ludwig-Maximilians-Universitaet Muenchen, Germany
- 1995–1996 research associate at the Muenchner Projektgruppe für Sozialforschung, Munich, Germany
- 1997 doctorate of Political and Social Sciences at the European University Institute, Florence, Italy; thesis subject: "Business Political Activity in Technology Controversy: A Study on the Socio-Cultural Embeddedness of Economic Organisations" (Ph.D., with distinction)
- 1989 Master of Arts at Westfaelische Wilhelms-Universitaet Muenster (main subject: sociology)
- Dreyer, M., Bergmann, M., Marg, O., Ober, S. & Sellke, P. (2021). Too big not to fail? Über Design und Ausführung von inter- und transdisziplinärer Forschung am Beispiel des Großprojekts ENavi. GAIA 30/1, 29-34, online verfügbar unter: https://nbn-resolving.org/urn:nbn:de:0168-ssoar-72153-3.
- Dreyer, M., Konrad, W. & Scheer, D. (2019). Lernfeld partizipative Modellierung. Prozessgestaltung in transdisziplinären Projekten. In: Saam, N., Resch, M. & Kaminski, A. (Hg.), Simulieren und Entscheiden. Entscheidungsmodellierung, Modellierungsentscheidungen, Entscheidungsunterstützung. Wiesbaden: Springer VS, 115-144.
- Dreyer, M., Kosow, H. & Dratsdrummer, F. (eds.) (2018). Engaging Society for Responsible Research and Innovation. Lowering Barriers - Innovating Policies and Practices. A support tool for promoting engagement of citizens and third sector actors in research and in research and innovation policy (Publication of the EU-funded PROSO project, Grant Agreement No. 665947). Stuttgart: DIALOGIK.
- Dreyer, M. & Kuhn, R. (2015). Pharmaceutical residues in the water cycle – communicating precautionary measures. Integrated Environmental Assessment and Management, 11(3), 518-519. DOI: 10.1002/ieam.1652 (Published online: 28 June 2015).
- Dreyer, M., Boström, M. & Jönsson, A.M. (2014). Participatory deliberation, risk governance and management of the marine region in the EU. Journal of Environmental Policy and Planning, 16(4), 497-515. DOI: 10.1080/1523908X.2013.866891 (Published online: 09 Jan 2014).