The project deals with the relationship of precaution and innovation and the question of how these two aspects can be reconciled. Main steps for the development of new approaches to a responsible integration of precaution and innovation are a stocktaking of the application of the precautionary principle since the year of 2000 and the conduct and analysis of a couple of case studies on highly debated issues such as glyphosate, endocrine disruptors and new gene-editing technologies. At all stages of the research process RECIPES involves actors from politics, economy, and civil society (co-design). The launching conference of RECIPES was held on 24-25 January 2019 in Maastricht, The Netherlands.
DIALOGIK leads the Work Package (WP) devoted to „Policy Dialogue“. This WP (WP4) serves to generate exchanges and dissemination specifically targeted at policy makers at national, EU and global levels with a particular focus on agencies and authorities concerned with risk assessment/evaluation and risk management. Main tasks of this WP are the production of three policy briefs, the conception and conduct of three policy dialogues, and the conception and organization of the project final conference. Generally, DIALOGIK contributes at different stages to the development of new approaches to the integration of precaution and innovation.
- Maastricht University, The Netherlands
- Bergen University, Norway
- Conoscenza e innovatione societa aresponsibilita limitata semplificata, Italy
- Humboldt-Universität zu Berlin, Germany
- Koninklijke Nederlandse Akademie van Wetenschappen – KNAW, The Netherlands
- Fonden Teknologiradet, Denmark
- Applied Research and Communications Fund, Bulgaria
- Institute for Advanced Sustainability Studies e.V., Germany
- Ecologic Institut gemeinnützige GmbH, Germany
- Österreichische Akademie der Wissenschaften, Austria